2018 Cub Scout SUMMER Camps
IMPORTANT UPDATE: Session 3 at Kiwanis filled before we could register, so we are now offering two alternate sessions.
Our weekends are June 15-17, June 29-July 1, and August 17-19 . Kiwanis is near Marine on St. Croix, MN, approximately 1 hour from Wayzata.
Why do we need to plan so far in advance?
Camp Kiwanis is very popular. Scout camp reservations open on March 1st. Kiwanis will likely fill completely in a matter of days. We have chosen Kiwanis because it is on the list of Must Do activities for Scouts. If there is sufficient interest in camp, but Kiwanis fills, we can discuss the best way for Scouts to attend one of the other camps - Stearns (near Annandale, where we camp in the fall ) or Phillippo (near Cannon Falls).
Why attend Scout summer camp?
- Great way to complete several requirements for the next year in a single weekend. Make your busy school year easier by completing some requirements in a fun environment over the summer!
- Fun with other Scouts from your Pack and other Scouts at your rank.
- Try new activities!
What's the typical schedule?
- Friday Evening - Check in at camp after eating dinner. Set up your cabin area or tent in the same area as other members of our Pack and do your swim test. Orientation to camp. Campfire at night.
- Saturday - Breakfast provided. Rotate through several activities with other Scouts at the same rank with a break for lunch. Dinner also provided. Campfire at night.
- Sunday - Breakfast provided. Complete more activity rotations. Usually there is open time for archery and bb gun ranges. Departure for home mid-afternoon on Sunday, unless you are attending Webelos Outpost.
- Sunday Night (Webelos Outpost) - Hike to Outpost. Outdoor cooking for dinner. Evening camp fire.
- Monday Morning (Webelos Outpost) - Outdoor cooking breakfast. Service project. Hike back to camp. Departure for home mid-day on Monday.
This is a Scout and parent only event. Non-scout siblings are not allowed to attend Cub Scout summer camp.
What gear do I need to bring?
- Bring your clothes (including swim suits for both Scouts and parents), toiletries (including sun screen and bug spray) and outerwear for the weather (e.g., rain gear, fleece for cool evenings)
- Bring your sleeping bag. If you are not in a cabin (most common option at Kiwanis), you may be able to set up your own tent.
- Good idea to bring a backpack to tote around your gear for the day as you won't have much time to return to your cabin or tent throughout the day. A reusable water bottle is also a great idea.
- Bring your Scout handbook so you can keep track of which requirements you complete at camp!
How do we sign up?
Follow directions below. The Pack will register Scouts who sign up on or before March 1st, when registration opens.
How much does it cost?
$225 for Scout and parent for the entire weekend (all meals and activities included). Spending money is only needed to buy small souvenirs or snacks at the Outpost.
What is Webelos Outpost?
Scouts who are entering 4th grade in the fall have the opportunity to stay at camp an extra night! During this time activities will be geared toward introducing Webelos to what the next level of camping will be like. You can look forward to hiking, setting up their own tents, building fires, dutch oven cooking and much more! It is an additional $35 per person to attend Webelos Outpost.
SUMMER CAMP 2018:
- Camp Kiwanis in Marine on St. Croix, MN
- Open to all ranks - register for the next year's rank:
- current Lions register as Tigers,
- current Tigers register as Wolves,
- current Wolves register as Bears, and
- current Bears register as Webelos
- Must be registered scout. No siblings.
- $225 per Scout/parent duo (2 nights).
- June Session Only: Webelos Outpost Option
- Additional $35 per person
- Extra night for Outpost is open to Webelos 1 Scouts only (Current Bear Scouts)