How To Get Involved
Pack 283 is entirely run by parent volunteers. We do need parents, step-parents, and grandparents to help our Pack grow and thrive! We know that many of you want to help, but do not know how or what commitment it might entail. Some of you would like to help on a medium sized initiative, and others are open to long-term volunteering. There are volunteer opportunities of different lengths and commitments that will fit your skills and schedules.
Short-term volunteers take on small tasks at Pack Meetings and Events that can be done once or recurring depending on your availability and interests.
Examples of Short-Term Opportunities:
1. Cooking/Serving Meals at Camp
2. Setting Up at Pack Meetings & Other Events
3. Teaching Skits/Songs
4. Taking Pictures at Events
5. Helping Den Leaders at Den Meetings
6. Assisting With a Service Project
7. Updating the Pack Website
Long-term volunteers provide leadership for the Pack and individual Dens and are responsible for setting the vision, programs, and structure for Pack 283.
Examples of Long-Term Opportunites:
1. Den Leader/Assistant Den Leader
2. Cub Master/Assistant Cub Master
3. Committee Chair
4. Camping Chair
5. Advancement Chair
6. Pack Training Chair
7. Pack Membership Chair
8. Pack Treasurer
To see job descriptions for committee positions click here.
Medium-term volunteers often work on seasonal projects that help to accomplish key programs and goals. Work is concentrated for a period of time, and then you are done!
Examples of Medium-Term Opportunities:
1. Leading our Fall Wreath Fundraiser
2. Organizing our Winter Blue & Gold Banquet
3. Running our Spring Pinewood Derby Race
4. Organizing/Creating our Summer Activities
As leaders, we will work with you to find the right volunteer opportunities that will fit your interests, time, and skills.
We could not put together such a fantastic program without your help, and we look foward to working with you.
Your efforts will greatly benefit our sons, our families, and our community!
To see current volunteer needs click here.