Polar Cubs 2018 Winter Day Camps
Sunday, January 10, 2016
When you register online you will find our Pack listed as unit "3283".
A Full Day of Fun in the Snow!
At Scenic Phillippo Scout Camp - Cannon Falls, MN
Car Pool: Meet at Bruegger's Bagels in Wayzata.
When: Sign in 6:45 - 7:30am. Depart Brueggers at 7:30 AM Sharp. The day runs through about 3pm.
$32 per Scout (or sibling from age 5 through 5th grade),
$12 per Adult (or sibling older than 5th grade)
For 2016, Pack 283 will be providing a scholarship to first-time Scout attendees. If your Scout has not gone to Polar Cubs before, please contact the Pack for reimbursement for your Scout. You will need to pay the Council first and then request to be reimbursed.
What to bring:
Print and complete Health Forms in Step 3 above. Leaders will NOT be bringing Health Forms from prior Pack events. YOU MUST bring NEW health forms that can be left with camp staff at Phillippo. PLEASE COMPLETE forms prior to arriving at Brueggers to aid the check in process. We will not bring a supply of blank forms. Thanks for your cooperation in helping your leaders run this event smoothly for our Pack.
A second pair of gloves and second pair of socks are highly recommended!
What about lunch? A hot lunch will be provided in the camp dining hall.
- Activities at Polar Cubs include snow-tubing, broomball, obstacle course, winter nature activities, crafts, snowshoeing, capture the flag, and snow golf.
- Webelos have the opportunity to be in a special Webelos program at Polar Cubs designed just for them to learn about winter survival, animals and outdoor sports.
- Lions and Tiger Cubs need one Adult per Cub. Older Scouts do not need 1:1 Adult:Scout coverage.
- Scouts and parents will learn how to keep warm and stay dry in the snow and cold.
- Must dress in winter outdoor clothing. 2nd Pair of gloves and socks highly recommended. Dress in Layers!
Phillippo Scout Reservation
30654 32nd Ave Way
Cannon Falls, 55009
Bring a non perishable food item!
Northern Star Council wants to do its part to help the communities around our camps. As part of that effort, we will be collecting non-perishable food items at Polar Cubs. Bring your food item to the dining hall when you check in if you wish to participate. Last year Polar Cubs campers were responsible for collecting over 900 lbs of food-let's beat that this year!